INTERMEDIATE ANGLER'S COURSE
Location: Southern Islands, Singapore
Other than using bait, there are many fishing techniques such as jigging, luring, popping, eging, etc., and every technique is an art itself. The Intermediate Angler's Course will introduce you to the two most popular and effective fishing technique - jigging and luring. When these two techniques are used correctly at the right time, they can be more effective than baiting.
As jigging and luring involves smooth coordination between the rod movement and line retrieval, the angler has to be very familiar with handling a fishing setup and sensitive to the rod action. Fishing is not about putting food onto the dinner table anymore, it is about outwitting and outlasting the hunted. A transitional phase from a regular angler to become a true sports angler.
- Must have attended Novice Angler's Course
NUMBER OF INSTRUCTORS TO STUDENTS:
18 years old and above
- Intermediate Angler's course handbook
- Mineral water on board
- Fishing tackle required for the course
- Ice box with ice for keeping fish
- MFFA certificate upon completion of course
Requires 1 medium setup (rod: PE 3-4, length 5ft-6ft, reel size 3000-4000 with PE3 lines)
Fishing equipment and accessories are provided free of charge to all students of MFFA, however we encourage you to bring your own so that you can grow to become an independent angler.
DON'T FORGET TO BRING:
- Lunch (Please take light breakfast before the course)
- Seasick pills (if you are prone to sea sick)
- Clothing/ Cap/ Bandana/ Sunglasses to shield from the sun
- Raincoat (in case of rain)
- Plastic bags to take your catch back (no big ice box please)
(Please refer to the dates below for the course schedule)
8:30am - 5:00pm
08:30 am - Gather at Republic of Singapore Yacht Club (RSYC).
09:00 am - Theory lesson
(Novice Angler's course handbook will be issued)
10:00 am - Yacht departs
10:30am - Practical fishing session 1
12:00 pm - Lunch break
(Please bring your own lunch)
01:00 pm - Practical fishing session 2
04:00 pm - Course quiz to test what you have learnt for the day.
05:00 pm - Boat arrives back at RSYC
The schedule stated above are for reference only and may subject to changes depending on the trip conditions.